Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Busy Two Weeks

We have had Juliane home for two weeks and has it been full of fun and lots of learning. Juliane's Graham (My mom) came to visit for a week.





After Graham left Auntie Content came to visit along with her kids Zack and Eevie. All Eevie wanted to do was hug and kiss Juliane. Zack decided that he would prop Juliane up on the couch and then just walk away. If it weren't for Content Juliane would have had a nasty fall to the ground.


During their visit we went to Safford and did a little shopping, then another day we went to a luncheon some ladies from church had for me instead of a shower. While Auntie Content was here she gave Juliane a bath and taught me how to suction boogers out of Juliane's nose. It was a very eventful visit.



This last weekend was Stake Conference here in the Duncan Arizona Stake so Juliane got to experience it in the mothers lounge. It was fun for me also. We have tested out the stroller walking to Nana's house for a fun game of Yahtzee. Uncle Andrew and Aunt Rachel had the pleasure of listening to Juliane cry for a few hours while we ate dinner and played a game. Uncle Andy had this brilliant idea to turn on the vaccum when she had her worst moments to help calm her, suprisingly it worked. Last night daddy missed Juliane a lot and held her most of the evening and when she got hungry she figured things out for herself. Yes that is Juliane eating Charles' cheek. She has done this to me before it is highly entertaining, it kind of tickles.


As for me and Charles we are enjoying being parents. I have finished all but one of the curtains I have been working on, pictures soon to follow. We will be blessing Juliane on Sept. 6th along with her cousin Alexis from Texas so Charles' brother Michael will be here to help finish whatever is left. Charles is going to be having hand surgery on Sept 10th so we need to finish all of our house projects before then. The two that I would like to have done a fence (the dogs are driving me nuts) and the washing room. I would prefer the fence done first because I have no problem taking all of my laundry over to my mother-in-laws. I do have a problem with our dogs running wild through the town and being brought home by the animal control lady. I hope everyone is doing well.


Opal

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for new pictures and stories! She's already really growing. It sounds like things are coming along nicely at the house. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! She is SO cute!! Her hospital pictures just do not do her justice :) I love the picture of Juliana kissing (okay eating) Charles!!!! Yeah - he doesn't look happy to be a father!
    We're looking forward to more pictures and more news from you guys and REALLY wish you weren't so stinking far away!

    ReplyDelete