Hooray! We are finally home and getting to know one another. On August 11th Juliane was born at 2:49pm weighing 7 lbs 2oz and measuring 19 1/2 inches long. We were thrilled with our new little one's arrival. We were having issues naming her since I was stubborn and didn't want to name her before she was here. Once she arrived I decided it wasn't any easier to pick out a name for her. Of our approved names I could chose from Isabella or Adaline. I liked Juliet but Charles wasn't such a big fan so he took it off that table. We had discussed Juliane a while ago but I liked Juliet better. As we were sitting in the hospital and we were talking about names I knew that she needed to be a Juliane. Charles did not push the name he asked me if I was sure and let me think about it over night. In the morning we talked about it again and I told him I was sure she was a Juliane. We were discussing middle names and Marie came up (which is my mother's middle name) Charles liked it instantly with Juliane. So she is named Juliane from Charles' side and Marie from my side (there are many Maries on both though).
Since Juliane has been born she has been exploring the world. The day we were released from the hospital we went to Olive Garden for lunch where the hostess asked if we wanted a childs menu then realizing what she had done said "Never mind he's too small". I love that people think she is a boy. We will see if that continues after her ears are pierced. We also went to Lowe's that day and in the bathroom a woman asked me how old she was, when I responded two days her reply was "Wow and already on her first trip to lowes, good job." I thought that was pretty funny. After Lowes we went to the University of Arizona where she met all of the institute instructors at the LDS institute of religion building. After this outing she went with me to try and find my boss to drop off paper work so I can have the next 12 weeks off of work. She met only a few people that I wanted her to, but that is ok there will be more trips. We then left for home and she slept all the way. Once we got here I layed down and waited for the Aunts and Uncles to arrive. Andrew, Rachel and Emilee came over and saw her, she was pretty excited about it, I think her eyes were even open. After such a long day she even let me get a good amount of sleep.
Since then we have been hanging out at home and telling Gram where to put stuff. It's really hard to tell someone else where to put your stuff because they never do it quite like you like it. Today we went to Walmart and Home Depot which is exciting because we are getting closer to getting things finished up on the house. I hope that by the end of the month everything will be ready to go. Thank you to everyone who has been helping get the house ready it is really looking great.
I'm so glad to see pictures since we won't see her until Labor Day weekend when she is blessed... And, she will change so much by then... I'm so sad you guys don't live closer!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys have been very busy! Juliane is a great baby to go all of those places. I am glad you are getting much deserved rest. Love you!
ReplyDelete