I have decided that Juliane will never be without a bruise on her face or head. We went out to eat after a wonderful day at the temple and what does my daughter do she hits her head on the corner of some molding. I knew she was fine there was no bump but the next day she had a bruise in the shape of a line running across the back of her head. A few days later she decides to nose dive off Uncle James and Aunt Noell's couch scrapping the side of her face on the quilt stand and hitting her head on the ottoman. This left her with a nice scrap going from right eye to ear and a bump on her eye as well as on her forehead. The same day she slammed her face into our closet door leaving a line bruise on her cheek. Right as all were healing up she slammed her face into a chair leaving a bruise on the other cheek. If I didn't know any better I would say she is getting abused. I know that is what people think when they see her. I was visiting an old high school friend last weekend and she met Juliane for the first time. She started laughing and said "Opal she is just like you she runs into everything and can't walk without falling." It was at this moment that it really hit me my child has no hope of ever being without a bump or a bruise because she is like her mother. I still to this day walk into walls and have really bad balance. I blame my feet they are too small for my height I will do the same for Juliane (she is still wearing 6-9 month shoes). I wish I had pictures of her bruises sadly I did not think to take any.
aawww. poor kid. you gotta cover her up in bubble wrap, slap a helmet on her, and get her a good pair of cowgirl boots. that should do the trick. seriously, my head hurts just thinking of all the bumps on hers.
ReplyDelete