Thursday, January 6, 2011

Carter's Birth Story

I figured this would be an appropriate way of telling the story. I was starting to get impatient and thought I would never go into labor so I took some friends advice. On Sunday December 26th I drank some castor oil (this is not motor oil for those of you who think it is. It is a laxative that you can buy over the counter)trying to induce labor. Boy did it work, at 7:30pm I had my first contraction, I was thinking ok the next one will be here in probably a half hour. Well it came 5 minutes later. Then another one 5 minutes after that and so on and so forth for a half hour until I called the birth center to tell them what was going on. They told me to come in. So at 8:30pm Charles and I left his brother and our sister in law (Andrew and Rachel) at our house to watch Juliane for us. We arrived at the birth center at 11:30pm when the midwife checked me I was 8 cm dilated and 90% effaced. I sat in the birthing tub for a little while then the pushing started and my water broke. A little while later Carter was born at 12:31am. We stayed at the birthing center for 12 hours and then we ran some errands and came home. Carter met all of his cousins on the Hughes side along with his aunts and uncles on the Hughes side. We had a nice week long visit with everyone. He is such a different baby from Juliane, he is calm and rarely makes noise. As each day goes by he is becoming more vocal. We are happy he is here and can't wait to see what his personality turns out as.

No comments:

Post a Comment